Tuesday 28 December 2010

CRÈME DE LA CRÈME: ATX Shopping






Well hello creamers. Apologies for the lack of posts during the past month, both Soph and I have had other things going on. I’m currently spending holiday season in Austin Texas and thought I should blog while I’m out here. Yesterday I explored some of ‘downtown’ ATX, in particular SoCo – Southern Congress Avenue to the likes of you and me. Thrift stores, boutiques, independent coffee shops and Taco bars- it was the perfect haunt for a midday stroll in the sun. I came across Creature’s Boutique, a shop carrying unique clothing and jewellery by independent local (and American) artists. I purchased this beautiful Small Circle Hoop Pendant in 14k gold overlay.


It’s by San Francisco-based designer Kris Nations. I urge you all to have a look at her website- the jewellery’s aesthetic is spot on. The pieces are, according to her, made up of ‘equal parts sophisticated and bohemian, with a little bit of vintage inspiration thrown into the mix’. Vintage in style but with no chance of leaving behind a green hue on the skin? Perfect.


I also have my eye on these pieces:



Old Town Bracelet in Coral, California State Pride Pendant and Townie Necklace.

www.krisnations.com

Merry Xmas x



No comments:

Post a Comment