Wednesday 10 November 2010

SINGLE CREAM: sophie t introduces...















Life as an eternal intern certainly has its perks (free Bestival tickets, club entry - NEVER VIP), but it is mostly swathed in an unremitting sense of anxiety and disillusion. Will anybody ever pay me for a full day’s work? Who the hell can tell; I for one know that I set out on my post-student life with a (semi) confidence in my written ability and a strong curiosity in electronic music. Evidently, I took these attributes as a sure sign that my name, sophie t, was destined for the bright lights of online music magazines and e-flyer club-night texts most commonly found in 18-30 year olds’ junk email folders.

We can all keep our fingers crossed that the day will come when the music industry will welcome me in recently-rescued-Chilean-miner fashion, complete with balloons, verbal praise and the light matter of a 16-18k salary promise. Until then, I must go on squeezing out as much excitement as possible from incidents such as well known music journalists writing to my office to stress that, ‘whoever wrote this press release really knows how to sell a club night’. These things do massage the ego but unfortunately they don’t pay the bills.

JC and I have decided to write a blog, focusing on what we believe we know best and hopefully rubbing our contrasting interests up into a frenzy of journalistic brilliance. As I said, I like music. I also have deep-seated issues with the state of the public transport system and its users, I like animals doing funny things with other animals, and perhaps more than anything, I like reminiscing about the past with a good sprinkle of exaggeration.

Please give double cream a read.

sophie t x


No comments:

Post a Comment