Friday 26 November 2010

WHIPPED CREAM: RNB fridays

Yes, it has come round again folks! This week has gone quicker than you can say, "It's bloody freezing bitchesss". Semi-hibernation has made it impossible for me to post this week, but I've got to keep this little feature rolling. There's already so much going against the school of sound that is RNB, my laziness cannot be held responsible for dragging its majestic beauty further down into the dark, dank recesses of defunct-dom. Here are my picks of the week; lower your centre of gravity and wile out to these weekend wonders.

Amerie's '1 thing', a seriously funky sampler of The Meters' 'Oh Calcutta', I chose this for the weekly pick for a particular reason. Theo Parrish has just dropped his grooving house refix of the tune on limited edition vinyl. Renamed 'Just1LoveBug', it's quite possibly better than Amerie's hotpant hit. As a sidenote, Jade and I believe that our child would look like Amerie if it were possible for us to make a blasian baby, so this song always has a special place in our hearts.



Theo Parrish's house refix



Smoother and slicker than a sharp knife through butter, it's the long overdue return of the VOCAL HARMONY GROUP RNB LOVE SONG. Blackstreet serve up the goods with 'Don't Leave Me', a song that I've personally been rinsing since I acquired the
Pure Swing re-released compilation. I rock this bad boy on the 119 home from work and sashay all the way up Bennetts Avenue. Try it, you'll feel real, real good.



Last (and by all means least) is a Murder Inc rewinder that JC's been humming all day. This would be so much better if stinky Ja Rule wasn't on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment